Brunel University London is pleased to provide international students, who are interested in sports, financial help through sport scholarships and fellowships.
Sport scholarships are the centerpiece of elite student sport program, providing money of up to £3,000 as well as on-campus assistance to the very best students at the pinnacle of their sports discipline.
What is included in the scholarship grant for 2022/23?
- A cash prize of up to £3000 each academic year is available.
- Support Over £500 in package benefits/products
- Athlete-friendly housing on campus near sports facilities
- Sport Psychology Assistance
- Free access to world-class sporting facilities, including an indoor athletics center and a strength and conditioning facility, as well as free weekly physio treatments
- Free admission to the spa
- Sport scholarship package Annual cash prizes vary according on sport, financing, and support.
- The program does not cover the costs of housing or tuition.
Who is eligible to apply for a Brunel University Sport Scholarship?
Anyone who has fulfilled the academic standards for a study and been offered a conditional or unconditional seat at Brunel University London is eligible to apply for an award.
All candidates must be able to demonstrate sporting performance at the junior international level or equivalent in one of the priority sports mentioned below, as well as a top 10 age rating in their chosen sport, as the key qualification.
Please keep in mind that competition for scholarships can be fierce, and you must be able to provide evidence of your sports accomplishments as well as supporting documentation from your National Governing Body Performance Director/National Coach. Meeting these requirements does not guarantee a Scholarship grant.
This sport Scholarship Programme award will include special perks such as access to excellent training and support facilities on campus. Brunel University London has a diverse spectrum of brilliant students, thus the program is meant to help students ranging from world-class performance level competing at an international level to English Schools Champions.
- Gold Sport Scholarship – participation in important international tournaments at the Senior level
- Participation in junior international competitions or similar Bronze Bursary Award Participation in a national level/national ranking competition
Sports Scholarships for Individuals:
Individual sports, such as Athletics, will be eligible for an initial Sports Scholarship payment of £200. Financial incentives will be tied to success at the BUCS Championships throughout the year. Please be aware that there will be no additional monetary rewards available throughout the academic year; the majority of your scholarship is contingent on excellent achievements at the BUCS finals, as outlined below.
- £1000 Gold Medal
- £750 Silver Medal
- £500 Bronze Medal
Please keep in mind that the financial prize ceiling for all BUCS performances in one academic year is £3,000. Additional terms and restrictions apply.
Applications for 2022/23 are now being accepted. Please complete and submit the application form to Richard.Ashe@brunel.ac.uk.
The initial application deadline is July 31 to guarantee that athlete-friendly accommodation is available.
The second deadline is August 31, however this does not ensure athlete-friendly accommodations.
Late applications may be accepted after these dates (through Clearing), but the scholarship committee’s decision is final.
For more details, please visit the official website: