Stanford University is a world-renowned private research institution located in Stanford, California, USA. Known for its academic excellence and innovative approach to education, Stanford offers a wide range of undergraduate and graduate programs across various fields, making it one of the leading universities in the world.
At Stanford, students have access to state-of-the-art facilities, cutting-edge research opportunities, and a diverse community of scholars, fostering a vibrant and intellectually stimulating environment. The university’s commitment to interdisciplinary collaboration encourages students to explore different academic disciplines and create solutions to complex global challenges.
The scholarship is named after Stanford University’s former president, John L. Hennessy, and the program’s benefactor, Philip H. Knight. It aims to provide scholars with a transformative educational experience, fostering interdisciplinary collaboration, and cultivating a sense of purpose-driven leadership.
- Host University: Stanford University.
- Study Level: Graduate (Master’s and Ph.D.).
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded.
- Scholarship Worth: The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program covers tuition, fees, and provides a living stipend, travel grants, and funding for academic pursuits and leadership development.
- Eligible Countries: Worldwide.
- Subjects Available: All fields of study at Stanford University.
- Application Deadline: Typically, in the fall (around September to October) for the following academic year.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program is a highly prestigious and competitive scholarship opportunity at Stanford University. Established in 2016, the program seeks to develop a community of future global leaders who are committed to addressing complex challenges and making a positive impact on the world.
The Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program offers a comprehensive package of benefits to its recipients:
- Full Tuition: The scholarship covers the full cost of tuition at Stanford University.
- Living Stipend: Scholars receive a stipend to cover their living expenses while pursuing their studies.
- Travel Grants: Funding for travel to and from Stanford is provided to international scholars.
- Leadership Development: Scholars participate in workshops, retreats, and mentorship programs to develop their leadership skills and capabilities.
- Global Network: Scholars become part of a diverse and supportive community of like-minded individuals from around the world.
To be eligible for the Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program, applicants must meet Stanford University’s admission requirements and demonstrate exceptional academic achievements, leadership potential, and a strong sense of purpose. While the scholarship is open to applicants from all countries, the application process is highly competitive.
Prospective Knight-Hennessy Scholars need to apply separately for admission to Stanford University and for the scholarship. The usual application procedure entails the submission of the following documents:
- Graduate Program Application: Applicants must apply to their desired graduate program at Stanford University.
- Knight-Hennessy Scholars Program Application: Candidates need to complete a separate application for the scholarship, which includes essays and information about their academic and leadership achievements.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://knight-hennessy.stanford.edu/program-overview/funding