McGill University is considered to be one of the best public universities in Montreal, Canada. It attracts the stylish and brightest scholars from Canada, the United States, and around the world. McGill is also one of the world’s leading exploration- ferocious universities. It’s known worldwide for the excellence of its tutoring and exploration programs.
The university was ranked among the top universities in the QS World University Rankings 2023, where it ranked 31st. Over 300 undergraduate programs are available at McGill University for transnational scholars. Areas of study at the undergraduate position include business and economics, engineering, health lores, humanities and social lives, politics, law, etc. The graduate position, at McGill University, offers over 400 programs.
These programs include graduate instruments and warrants, master’s degrees, and doctorates. The main areas of study at the graduate position are trades, engineering, law, wisdom, drug and health lores, etc.
The university is made up of 10 faculties and schools – agricultural and environmental sciences, arts, dentistry, education, engineering, law, management, medicine, music and science – which offer approximately 300 programs of study. About two-thirds of the university’s students are undergraduates.
- Host University: McGill University;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: PhD Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 35,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: May 25th, 2023.
The Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships are available for international Students who wish to continue their PhD studies in all fields at McGill University, Canada.
McGill University will provide the winners with an award of $35,000 per year, renewable twice. International students also benefit from a differential fee waiver (DFW): Students sponsored by a foreign organization that has an agreement with McGill University (CONACyT, Islamic Development Bank, etc.).
In order to be admitted, the Tomlinson Doctoral Fellowships are directed to first-time candidates that have been accepted into a PhD program at McGill University with a launch date of Fall 2023. Applicants presently enrolled at McGill, whose last degree was attained or is being attained at McGill, aren’t eligible. Former McGill scholars who have completed graduate degrees away may apply. Visiting McGill scholars who meet the conditions from another university may apply, handed they have got a first-class academic record. McGill considers a first-class GPA to be 3.7(or 3.5 in law) over the last two (2) times of full-time study at undergraduate and graduate situations.
Candidates are required to submit an online application to McGill University through its university website: https://www.mcgill.ca/gps/contact/graduate-program, then they should then complete the online scholarship application form.
- Application form;
- Two recommendation letters;
- Submit letters from two independent advisors detailing the candidate’s achievements and research capabilities in the field of teaching and research. Letters should be submitted to the Academic Unit directly;
- Suggested Supervisor’s Statement Commenting:
- The way in which the candidate’s suggested project is consistent with the PhD supervisor’s research program;
- Available source(s) of financing for the research program;
- This includes the availability of the necessary building materials, space, facilities, equipment, and accessibility to the appropriate technical resources.
- Any official records or authenticated copies of undergraduate and graduate degrees;
- Acceptance and funding letter.
First-class academic performance. McGill will accept a minimum GPA of 3.7 (or 3.5 in law school) over the last two (2) years of full-time undergraduate and graduate study.
Condition of Language:
The participants are required to demonstrate the results of the English language proficiency tests: TOEFL IBT: 60, and IELTS: 6.5.
For more details, please visit the official website: https://www.mcgill.ca/gps/funding/opportunities/students/tomlinson