The Oxford Center for Islamic Studies stands as a distinguished institution at the forefront of academic excellence and cultural exchange. Located in the heart of Oxford, it serves as a beacon for scholars, researchers, and students interested in the rich tapestry of Islamic thought and civilization. The center’s commitment to fostering understanding and dialogue transcends boundaries, creating a space where diverse perspectives converge.
Scholars at the Oxford Center for Islamic Studies engage in cutting-edge research that spans a wide spectrum of disciplines, from theology and philosophy to science, literature, and the arts. The center’s academic programs provide a unique platform for the exploration of Islamic culture and its contributions to global knowledge. Through conferences, seminars, and collaborative initiatives, the center facilitates a dynamic exchange of ideas, promoting a nuanced understanding of Islamic heritage in the contemporary world.
Beyond its academic pursuits, the Oxford Center for Islamic Studies plays a pivotal role in nurturing a global community of scholars and students. The welcoming atmosphere and collaborative spirit encourage intellectual growth and cross-cultural connections. Whether participating in research projects, attending lectures by eminent scholars, or contributing to the vibrant academic community, individuals at the Oxford Center for Islamic Studies find themselves part of a dynamic and enriching environment that transcends traditional academic boundaries.
Oxford center for islamic studies scholarship Description:
- Host University: University of Oxford;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: Masters, PhD;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: 15,609$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Islamic Studies;
- Application Deadline: January 2024.
The Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Scholarships for the 2024-2025 academic year present fully funded opportunities tailored for international students, with a specific focus on master’s programs at the University of Oxford. This scholarship not only encompasses the full coverage of course fees but also includes a living cost grant amounting to £15,609, thereby fostering academic endeavors that bring tangible benefits to the Muslim world. Originating from the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies, these scholarships are designed to empower graduates who are committed to propelling studies with a substantial impact on the Muslim community.
Oxford center for islamic studies scholarship Benefits:
- Comprehensive scholarship with full coverage of tuition fees and a living cost grant of £15,609;
- Enables the pursuit of master’s programs at the globally esteemed University of Oxford ;
- Backing for academic endeavors that contribute positively to the advancement of the Muslim world.
The eligibility criteria for the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships are delineated as follows:
- Residential Requirement: Prospective candidates are typically expected to be residents of the UK and affiliated with a Muslim community.
- Academic Pursuit: Aspirants must be in pursuit of admission to a full-time master’s program or DPhil course at the University of Oxford.
- Award Determinants: Scholarships will be conferred based on a blend of academic merit and financial need.
- Return Intent: Successfully selected candidates are anticipated to have plans for returning to their usual country of residence upon concluding their academic program.
- Study Relevance: Applicants are encouraged to direct their studies toward a field linked to the Islamic tradition or one that holds notable significance for the Muslim world.
- Academic Standing: Candidates are required to demonstrate a strong academic history and a commitment to advancing studies with a substantial impact on the Muslim community. It’s important to clarify that these eligibility criteria are specifically applicable to the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships for master’s and DPhil programs, not for undergraduate programs.Top of Form
Application Process :
To apply for the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies (OCIS) Scholarships, adhere to the following steps:
- Check the Box: Within the University of Oxford Scholarships section of the graduate application form, select the checkbox for the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarship.
- Application Submission: Ensure timely submission of your graduate study application by the designated December/January deadline, dependent on your chosen course. The specific deadline details can be found on the relevant course page.
- Application Finalization: Complete the necessary procedures for the University of Oxford’s graduate application, explicitly indicating your interest in being considered for the OCIS Scholarship.
- Scholarship Application Form: Confirm that you have fulfilled the requirements of the scholarship application form, typically integrated into the University’s overall graduate application process.
- By adhering to these outlined steps, you position yourself for consideration for the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025.
Supporting Documents :
To apply for the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships, candidates must furnish the following documentation:
- Application Form: Complete the relevant scholarship application form, usually integrated into the University of Oxford’s graduate application process.
- Research Proposal: Submit a comprehensive research proposal delineating the intended area of study and its pertinence to the Islamic tradition or the Muslim world.
- Statement of Purpose: Provide a statement of purpose outlining academic and career objectives and elucidating how the scholarship will contribute to their attainment.
- Academic Transcripts: Include academic transcripts from all prior educational institutions attended.
- Letters of Recommendation: Supply a minimum of two letters of recommendation from academic referees endorsing the candidate’s academic prowess and potential.
- English Language Proficiency: If the applicant’s first language is not English, present evidence of English language proficiency, such as a TOEFL or IELTS score.
- Supporting Statement: Fulfill the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships Supporting Statement, typically accessible through the University of Oxford’s graduate application portal.
By submitting this comprehensive set of documents, candidates position themselves for consideration for the Oxford Centre for Islamic Studies Scholarships for the academic year 2024-2025.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.ox.ac.uk/admissions/graduate/fees-and-funding/fees-funding-and-scholarship-search/oxford-centre-islamic-studies-ocis-scholarships