The Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in the Philippines is glad to inform students that the call for applications for the Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative (YSEALI) Academic Fellowships has begun.
- Degree Level: Postgraduate, Graduate level programs at USA Universities.
- Available Subjects: This scholarship enables you to study all of the subjects.
- Eligible Nationalities: Only the South East Asian.
This scholarship has a wide variety of benefits starting from:
- A full tuition-free,
- International travel costs, as well as a program administration;
- International and visa travel;
- Travel allowances including domestic travel and ground transportation;
- Book, cultural, mailing and incidental allowances; to the housing and subsistence. In case the program was organized virtually, the individual will be provided with technology allowances.
YSEALI Academic Fellows need to be:
- Full-time undergraduate students from college, university, or other institutions of higher learning; or have graduated in the past four years.
- Display leadership within academic work, team work, extra curricular activities, or their profession.
- Applicants from the countryside and urban areas, and with little or absolute lack of experience in the United States or elsewhere outside the Philippines are prioritized.
- Applications from underserved groups, including indigenous groups, ethnic minority communities, the LGBTQI+ community, and candidates with special needs are welcomed.
Applicants must be:
- A YSEALI member (register for free at http://yseali.state.gov );
- The required age varies between18 and 25 when applying ;
- A citizen and resident of the Philippines;
- U.S. citizen or permanent resident of the United States aren’t acceptable;
- A full-time undergraduate college student or have graduated in the previous four years; along with a good level at reading, writing, and speaking English.
Ideal candidates should:
- Display different qualities like interest, knowledge, or professional experience in any of the three Fellowship themes cited above;
- Show strong leadership qualities and potential in their university, workplace, or within the community;
- Being eager to gather knowledge about the United States and Southeast Asia as a region;
- Be willing to actively engage in an intensive academic program, community service, and study tour; and Be committed to return to the Philippines in order to benefit from the leadership skills and training picked up for the good of their community, country, or the Southeast Asian region.
Process of the application:
At May 18, 2022, Application opens
And at June 8, 2022, Application closes
June 20-27, 2022 is when selected applicants are invited for an interview.
Between August-November 2022: Academic Fellowship Program (depending on health, safety, and travel conditions)
Apply at : https://bit.ly/ysealiphacadfall2022
Application deadline: June 8, 2022, 11:59 P.M. Philippine Standard Time.
Selected applicants for interviews will be informed by June 20-22, 2022.