University of Winnipeg is a Canadian public university located in downtown Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The university mainly offers undergraduate programs, although some graduate programs and a continuing education program exist. It was founded in 1938 when Manitoba College (founded in 1871), Yellow College (founded in 1875) and Wesley College (founded in 1888) merged to form United College. college affiliated with the University of Manitoba. It became an independent university under its current name in 1967.
The University of Winnipeg is related to a secondary school: the University of Winnipeg Collegiate (l’Institut collégial de l’Université de Winnipeg). The University of Winnipeg was ranked in Maclean’s magazine by its alumni as one of the top ten universities in Canada based on their academic experiences.
- Host University: University of Winnipeg;
- Host Country: Canada;
- Study Level: Masters Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial Funding;
- Scholarship Worth: 3,500$ – 5,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All subjects;
- Application Deadline: Varies (see below).
The President’s Scholarship for World Leaders for International Students is now open for all International and Master’s students in all fields, to have the opportunity to pursue their studies at the University of Winnipeg, Canada.
A public exploration institution, the University of Winnipeg is also known as UWinnipeg and U of W. It was innovated in 1967, the same time as United College. The university offers both undergraduate and graduate programs. It offers further than 400 courses in over 40 fields. Further, than 600 transnational scholars from 68 different countries are presently enrolled at the university. The most popular conditioning is skiing, field hockey, and kayaking. Through prizes, literacy, awards, and bursaries, the University of Winnipeg’s authorizations of access and excellence are financially supported by the Awards & Financial Aid Office. Awards and literacy are frequently awarded to scholars who demonstrate fiscal need.
- Undergraduate Scholarships: 6 – 5,000$;
- Graduate Scholarships: 3 – 5,000$;
- Collegiate Scholarships: 3 – 5,000$;
- Professional, Applied Continuing Education Scholarships: 3,500$;
- English Language Program Scholarships: 3 – 3,500$.
In order to be considered, candidates are required as follows:
- Be an international student;
- Be a first-year student enrolled in a program or school;
- Have at least an 80% GPA or equivalent;
- Demonstrate exceptional leadership characteristics;
- Be academically qualified and admitted to the university before the scholarship deadline.
The following applications are required from all interested candidates:
- Fulfill an admission application to the University of Winnipeg;
- Complete the online scholarship application form: https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/awards/apply-for-awards/presidents-scholarship-for-world-leaders.html
The following documents (attached as a single PDF file) must be provided by the candidate as part of this process. Applicants are responsible for verifying that all documents are being translated into English if they are not in their native language.
- Personal Statement;
- Curriculum vitae;
- Two letters of reference.
In order to be awarded a University of Winnipeg student number, all applicants must first begin the application process. Visit the Admissions page to begin the admissions process or email email@example.com. View the full admission criteria by country.
Condition of Language:
It is required that all students be proficient in English in order to be able to engage in all facets of academic study. Please consult the complete English language proficiency criteria.
- Undergraduate: Spring/Summer 2023 – April 1, 2023
- Graduate: June 1, 2023
- Collegiate: June 1, 2023
- PACE: Spring/Summer 2023 – March 1, 2023, for fall 2023 – June 1, 2023, For Winter 2024 – October 1, 2023
- ELP: Spring/Summer 2023 – February 1, 2023, Fall 2023 – April 1, 2023, Winter 2024 – August 1, 2023
For more details, please visit the official website: https://www.uwinnipeg.ca/awards/awards-bursaries-and-scholarships/international-students.html#pswl